Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Getting Started

Ken Beatty (left)
I recently returned from the PAC-KOTESOL 2010 International Conference in Seoul. There was a panel of illustrious TESOL experts at the end of Saturday's program. One of the panelists was Ken Beatty. He has been writing on CALL. After the session was over, I went over and introduced myself and asked if he was on Twitter or was blogging. He said he wasn't, but probably should be. He also asked if I was. As some of you know, I am a fairly active Twitterer (@gtb). And although I use blogs a lot, I have not consistently blogged about TESOL and web tools, despite having a passion for it. And so, this is an attempt to get things started. I hope people will read, leave comments and share. And, depending on how things develop, I hope to have guest bloggers or even invite others to be regular contributors. Please leave feedback.




Image from Daniel Beck ©2010
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. There's no one more qualified in the Japanese EFL context to write about upcoming CALL issues...except maybe Dr. Charlie Brown, who I hope will become a contributor?...Anyway, look forward to this blog developing as a platform for TESOL/CALL exchange of language learning and teaching ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks manzano!

    That's a good idea! I'll have to contact CB.

    ReplyDelete